Aloe vera may be a simple succulent but it packs a heavy punch when using it in your skincare regime. The gel inside aloe vera has long since been sued to soothe burns and irritations but its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it perfect to use on your face to help unclog pores, reduce redness and reduce acne and pimples.
Ideally, you could use aloe vera gel topically for spots and blemishes, or you could make the most of the plants healing abilities and use it in a cleansing aloe, honey and cinnamon face mask. Like aloe, cinnamon works to remove acne-causing bacteria while honey acts as a natural moisturizer and reduces redness and puffiness.
To make a face mask that you can use in your beauty routine, simply follow the recipe below.
Aloe Vera, honey and cinnamon mask
• 1 tablespoon pure aloe vera gel
• 2 tablespoons pure honey
• ¼ tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl right before use. This mask should be made fresh before each use because the cinnamon tends to absorb moisture if left with the wet ingredients for too long
2. Using your fingers apply the mask evenly to your face, making sure to avoid the sensitive areas around the eyes.
3. Leave the mask to dry for 10 minutes or until it begins to burn.
4. To remove, simply rinse your face with warm water, making sure to rub your face in circular motions as the mask is removed.
Pro tip: the cinnamon acts as a gentle exfoliant so rubbing in a circular motion gives the added benefit of exfoliating your face and removing dead skin cells, as well as improve circulation in your face. YOu can rub in circular motions when you apply the mask, as well as when you remove it.