In life, we all have things that we wish we could stop thinking about, let go and move on, but as we all know, it is much easier said than done.
In this kind of situation, we all tend to forget exactly how strong we are and that for the most of it, we know exactly what is right for us and what is not – even if it is a painful process. This is where you can introduce The Sedona Method into your life, and let it guide you, with these steps of how to let go of any unwanted feelings.
This method is light and easy and doesn’t require a lot of your time. Find a comfortable position and take three big deep breaths, and bring to the front of your mind, anything you want to let go, that is no longer serving you. It can be anything you feel.
Ok, it’s time for the exercise. Follow these simple steps –
- Take a pen, or any object that you are happy to drop without worrying about damaging it.
- Hold the object out in front of you, holding it tight.
- Now, imagine that the object is the feeling you want to release and that your hand holding it represents your mind (holding the object out like this will start to become uncomfortable, resonating how you are feeling).
- Loosen your hand and play with the object and notice that it is you holding the object. It is you that is in control. The object is not controlling you.
- Now, take a deep breath, and let go of the object. If you feel it, scream or shout as you let it go. Release whatever it is you need to release.
Practice this exercise as many times as you want, the more you tune in to why you are doing it, the quicker you will feel the release.
Here’s to letting go!