No Thanksgiving feast is complete without a pumpkin pie and this thanksgiving why not put a new spin on this holiday favorite with a creamy pumpkin pie recipe. This pie is light and fluffy and has the traditional pumpkin pie filling with a delicious heavy cream topping. The best part is it’s quick to make and your guests will love it!
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 can pumpkin puree
1/3 cup heavy cream perfect for whipping
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 large eggs
1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust shell, removed from foil tin and placed in glass pie pan
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
1 cup heavy cream perfect for whipping
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
How to make the pie
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F and arrange a rack in the bottom third of the oven. This way your pie will be less likely to burn.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, brown sugar and the pumpkin spice in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix in each egg well before adding the next.
- Once the filling has been combined well, add the filling into the pie shell and bake on a sheet tray for about 50-60 minutes. The pie is ready when the filling is mostly set and the crust is browned. The center will still look slightly loose. Remove the cooked pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. An easy tip to see if the pie is cooked is to insert a knife into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean the pie is cooked. While this may cause the filling to crack later, the heavy cream topping should hide this.
How to make the cream topping
- Using a chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream with a hand mixer until it begins to thicken. Add the pumpkin spice and brown sugar
- Continue to beat the cream until soft peaks can be formed.
- Spread the whipped cream over the cooled pie and serve immediately.
If you want to make your own pumpkin pie spice simply combine the following ingredients
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cloves