Oh, the weekend. Those blessed few days where you can forget about the daily stresses of your weekly existence and revel in a little ‘you’ time. There’s no better way to treat yourself than with a lazy breakfast. Our suggestion? French toast! Here is our recipe for the best french toast you will ever have…
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 slices challah, brioche, or white bread
1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed
1. In a small bowl, combine, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and set aside.
2. In a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Be generous with your butter!
3. Whisk together the cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container.
4. Dip your chosen bread in the egg mixture. Fry the slices until a beautiful golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
5. Serve with maple syrup, fresh berries, crispy bacon or whatever your heart desires!