Let’s savor the season upon us. Crispy cool mornings call for warm mugs filled with homemade cozy treats, and fresh chai is certainly one of them. This vegan friendly, dairy-free delicious drink is bursting with flavor and rich in spices. This the answer to happiness this fall. Follow the recipe below to satisfy every desire.
2 cinnamon sticks
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
10 whole cloves
6 green cardamom pods, cracked
1 piece fresh ginger
4 cups water
2 tablespoons loose-leaf black tea, or 6 black tea bags
1/2 cup honey, or maple syrup
3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Place the cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, and cardamom in a small saucepan over medium heat and toast, until fragrant, for approx 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger and water and bring to a low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the loose-leaf tea or tea bags. Cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Add the sweetener and stir until totally dissolved.
- Next, strain the tea through a fine-mesh strainer. Remove the spices and tea leaves.
- Froth the milk by whisking it over medium-high heat.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the warm tea into a mug. Add 1/2 cup of warmed milk and stir to combine, adding froth on top.