There is nothing like a warming bowl of curry to fill you up and satisfy you on a winter’s eve. This healthy recipe is vegetarian, gluten-free and extremely delicious.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 dried red chili
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 cup veggie stock
- 1 lime
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups brown rice/quinoa
- Add rice/quinoa to a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 can light coconut milk and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to slowly simmer, until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside until serving.
- Next, heat a large saucepan and add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne , veggie stock, coconut milk, salt and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat and continue cooking for around 10-15 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and tomatoes while on simmer.
- Serve over coconut quinoa or rice and garnish with fresh lemon juice and herbs.