Happy New Year! We expect you are currently nursing a large hangover from last night’s festivities, which is why we are here to save you with this deliciously perfect hangover cure recipe, for a chocolate chip pancake casserole. You will be thanking us soon.
If you can’t move, get a loved one to make it for you and bring you your brunch in bed… always tastes better that way.
- Butter, for greasing baking dish
- 20 cooked pancakes (frozen or fresh)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Butter a baking dish. Cut cooked pancakes into halves and begin layering them in the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour over pancakes, flattening them with a spatula to make sure they’re fully covered in liquid. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate, 4 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, cover again with foil, and bake, 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking, 10 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.